Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Great Goodbye

Well this being one of my last blog post I figured I would give you a quote an old man gave to me at my work. I like to go and talk to the people at the nursing home I work at. He told me this quote because he said it was nice to see such a young man look at the world through other people’s eyes. He said he would be going home this week so he wanted to give me a piece of advice. Until you are broken, you don’t know what you’re made of. He said he did not make this up but someone he loved wrote this to him in a letter a long while back.

            That one little quote really struck me I do not know why but I thought it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard before in my life. It was like no matter who you if you hit rock bottom there is no way but up. It spoke to me like you never give up. That exactly what it means to me. Once you hit rock bottom then pick yourself back up and really start to see what you can do. Once you achieve this goal you can see what you are really made of. I loved just the environment he put me in it made me feel like I made his day he just talk to me for maybe a half hour but it was a wonderful and truly beautiful way to say goodbye to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment